I believe this is a new horsepower record for the fairly common N54 6266 top mount setup.
809 WHP / 755 WTQ (uncorrected)
796 WHP / 743 WTQ (SAE)
Tuned by me (@veer90). MHD flash / AIC standalone map / JB4 map 6
- Doc Race turbo kit, Gen2 6266 DBB 1.00AR
- NTK pre-turbo O2s, Innovate Motorsports venturi heat sinks
- DIY stage 4 fuel system on pump E85 (tested at ~83%)
- Walbro 450 + 525
- BMP 750cc port injectors
- Precision Raceworks FPR / return
- 12psi hobbs, 6AN feed, etc etc.
- R8 coils / NGK 97506 @ 0.025". Plugs indexed (gap facing intake) with shims
- VRSF 7.5" IC and charge pipe
- Motiv closed deck N54 short block (stock heads and cams)
- Spec 3+ / smfw
Logs here, now with 100% less sketch AFRs than before
Tuning notes and observations:
Boost limit – for 8.7 psi wastegate springs seems to be about 33psi at redline with a 3 port MAC. Car couldn’t hold 34.5 psi target above 5500 rpm.This depends on ambient temperature.
- False knock fix – trim pots at 85k ohms + desensitize knock tables MHD check box combination is still sensitive to the condition of the plugs. Brand new plugs, no timing pulls. Old trashed plugs = timing pulls of 3-5* or more depending on boost.
- MBT timing – was 15.5* timing at redline for my setup. Pulls at 15* and 16* put down less power.
- Fuel system – could not be happier with it. Fuel pressure for dayssss
- Bank 1 pre turbo O2 got a bit too hot, was reading false lean during the very end of one pull but was not damaged. Cleared codes and it worked normally on the drive home.
- The spec 3+ slipped at 712 wtq last time and I’m making way more torque now. No clue how it’s still holding together LOL
Much thanks to:
- @V8bait Justin Hubenak @all4bspinnin David Shoup – really appreciate the tuning advice, patience, and knowledge sharing.
- Top Secret USA – dyno time and perpetual encouragement to send it.
- @PC Racing – LPFP and fuel system help.
- @PRECISION RACEWORKS @BlackMarketParts – good products and very DIY friendly too, answered a lot of my questions on fuel system design.
- VRSF – no hassle quality go fast parts
- Motiv – built engine still alive and kicking
- Friends, too many to list – huge thanks for all the DIY help, prep time, etc etc.